MARRIAGE & DIVORCE SERVICES
Family life is a building block of a successful society, and marriage is an occasion of great joy. We can perform religious marriages which are recognized by the law.
MARRIAGE & DIVORCE SERVICES
We hold an ideal venue for your marriage events in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Your Nikah ceremony will be carried out by a qualified Imam in either Arabic or English (at your preference).
Our centre has been conducting marriages, divorces and conversions since 1966 which records have been kept in a database and there is usually a fee for anyone who would like to obtain a copy.
Please allow at least one week notice for administration, booking and payment.
For bookings or any further enquiries please feel free to contact our registrar on 01912250562 or alternately at email@example.com
Islamic Marriages A 'Nikah' or a marriage contract according to Islamic (Shariah) Law may be performed at the Newcastle Central mosque. The Nikah ceremony will be performed by any one of the appointed Imams (Muslim Ministers) of the Newcastle Central Mosque (Bilal Jamiah Mosque)
Valid Passports of the Bride and the Groom.
Original Civil Marriage Certificate (extremely important).
Proof of Residential Address whether UK or abroad (please note that the address supplied on the booking form will be registered on the certificate).
Conversion Certificate for new Muslims (Groom or Bride).
Presence of two Muslim Male witnesses, with their ID's.
Presence of the Wali (the bride's father or next of reliable male kin to the bride)
Written declaration of the agreed Dowry (signed by both couple).
A copy of the document can be obtained from the Registrar or downloaded from the website.
If the bride has previously been married, then an Islamic divorce or Absolute Decree document is required.
Please note that Certificates are usually issued in English.
Signed Statutory Declaration (Affidavit) applicable only to non-Muslim Brides.
Please provide the copies of all documents prior to marriage ceremony.
There is a total fee of £50.00 registered.
Please note that only divorces in the presence of both husband & wife will be certified. To make an appointment call Centre 01912260562to make an appointment and present the following documents:
- Valid Passports of the Husband, Wife - alternatively a full UK driving licence (applicable to British Citizens only).
- Proof of Residential Address whether UK or abroad (please note that the address supplied on the booking form will be registered on the certificate).
- Original Islamic Marriage Certificate*.
- Divorce Absolute Decree (if available).
- Presence of two Muslim Male witnesses, with their ID's.
- Submit all above documents in originals to office much in advance. (In order to avoid any unnecessary inconvenience, please contact the Imamon 01912260562 to book an appointment before planning to visit the Centre.)